– Development of knowledge and technologies required for the design of a bionic earplug that could also become a brain-computer interface. The earplug will integrate the following features in a single device:
- protect the wearer against harmful noise while enhancing speech and useful auditory perception
- enable in-ear communication: transmission and reception within the ear
- enable measurement of biosignals in the occluded ear canal as well as the measurement of brain waves using electroencephalography (EEG)
– Integration of technologies developed by the Research Chair into SonoFit® technology developed by EERS (an earmold that can be instantly adapted to the wearer’s ear).
– Development of innovative hearing products for the general public and industrial, military, and medical markets.
Fit-testing technology developed during initial collaborations between Sonomax and ÉTS is now being marketed globally by 3M, U.S. multinational and is proving to be a considerable technical and commercial success.
Click here to download the complete information pamphlet.